Benguet State University:
HEALTHY FOOD COOKFEST
Using Indigenous Vegetables
GENERAL CONTEST RULES & GUIDELINES
1. Eligible Contestants: The contest is open to all interested individuals.
Participants should submit preferably one-dish meal (viand) or main dish or vegetable dish for so number of person (ex. Good for 4, or good for 3)
3. Materials/ Ingredients: The recipe should the Indigenous Vegetables (ex. Amti, kalunay, gagatang, pullet, etc) will be the main ingredients in the recipe
4. Recipe Write-up
• Should be simple, describing the cooking methods used; listing all ingredients according to order of use – expressed in household measure (e.g. 3 tbs., 1 cup, 3 slices, 3 grams, etc). Steps should be in chronological order (i.e. step 1, 2 and etc.), according to sequence. Procedure should indicate cooking time.
5. Deadline for the Submission of Recipe Entry (write up as indicated in # 4) is on or before January 8, 2008. The entries may be mailed, personally delivered, faxed or email to:
LORENZA G. LIRIO
Chairman, Cookfest Committee
Benguet State University, La Trinidad, Benguet
Tel. no. 422-2401; Fax: 422-2281
• Judges are composed of faculty and staff from the College of Home Economics and Technology
• The contest proper will be on January 11, 2008.
5 finalists will be chosen from the recipe entries submitted who will be notified to compete during the celebration of the BSU Charter Day in Jan. 11, 2008. The contestants will be provided with the stove. but they should bring the materials they need for cooking. All cooked dishes will be presented to the judges and viewers for evaluation of taste, acceptability, presentation, etc. and which will be judged based on the following criteria:
30% Over-all acceptability/palatability (color/ appearance, flavor, texture or consistency, general appeal, and acceptability)
30% Originality (creativity/ uniqueness of recipe)
20% Cost/economy, availability of added ingredients, ease of preparation
10% Time management
All participants will be given certificates of participation/recognition and the winners for each category shall receive cash prizes for the First, Second and Third Prize